Saturday, June 29, 2013

Late June Aurora Borealis over Regina, Saskatchewan

Ribbons of pale green Northern Lights shimmered across the Regina, Saskatchewan, sky late last night. As I watched, the main band circled from east to west, with other flickers of Auroras along the northern horizon, aka, the roofline of my garage.

Northern Lights. Photo © Shelley Banks, all rights reserved.
The power of Northern Lights: a heart, spade, solar explosion. Kapow! © SB
Northern Lights. Photo © Shelley Banks, all rights reserved.
What do you see in the Aurora Borealis?
I see a woman, nude and dancing, long arms and legs extending... 
© SB
Northern Lights. Photo © Shelley Banks, all rights reserved.
Shimmer, shimmer - a river of Northern Lights. © SB
Northern Lights and the Big Dipper. Photo © Shelley Banks, all rights reserved.
Northern Lights, the fire to put the Big Dipper on the boil. © SB

I wish I'd braved the night and driven out into the country, where the lights must have been pure magic!

But I'm a bit spooked by, well, the thought of coyotes and the dark. When I'm alone, at least. And it's long after midnight and everyone else here is asleep. Except the dog, who stayed out with me for a while, then whined to go back to bed.


What are these?  Northern Lights
Location: Backyard, Regina, Saskatchewan.
Photo date: About 1:00 a.m., June 29, 2013.  

~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...