Monday, August 11, 2014

Monarch Butterflies in Regina

I often see Monarch Butterflies in Regina in the summer, although this year has been an exception, and so far, I've seen none. (I hope that's because I was travelling a lot, not because of the Monarch Butterfly declines I've read about.)

These pictures of Monarch Butterflies on Showy Milkweed were taken at Nature Regina's Native Plant Garden at the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. (The garden has several kinds of Milkweed, a plant that's essential for Monarch larva.)

Monarch Butterfly on Milkweed, Native Plant Garden   © SB 
Monarch Butterfly larva feeding on Milkweed  © SB 
Monarch Butterfly on Milkweed.  © SB 


What are these? Monarch Butterflies 
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan.
Photo Dates: July 5 and 11, 2012.



~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. I just saw a Monarch Butterfly today (Jun 5/ 2024) in my yard in Regina. First one in quite a few years. It’s 30* out, so I added extra water containers in our front and back yards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...