Saturday, May 28, 2016

White-breasted Nuthatch at Wascana Park Regina SK

White-breasted Nuthatch. Copyright © Shelley Banks, all rights reserved.
White-breasted Nuthatch,
with gray and black and white chest. © SB
I'd seen White-breasted Nuthatches before, but so briefly that my camera couldn't catch them, and I wasn't sure whether they were real or imagined.

Finally, this month, I was able to watch one long enough to know that yes, it was indeed a White-breasted Nuthatch — a bird I gather is fairly common in many parts of North America, but not so common (in my experience, at least) here.

To my eyes, the White-breasted Nuthatch is quite a bit larger than the Red-breasted ones I'm more familiar with. Still a small bird, though. And one that still sports the typical nuthatch pose.

White-breasted Nuthatch. Copyright © Shelley Banks, all rights reserved.
White-breasted Nuthatch, in upturned Nuthatch pose. © SB 

What is this? A White-breasted Nuthatch
Location: Near the swimming pool in Wascana Park, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Photo date: May 19, 2016

~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...